Who We Are
We trace our genesis back to 1948, when Shri Govind Prasad Mantri founded the enterprise which ultimately took the shape of the DM Group.
The activities of the group during the initial days involved jute and equity trading. The first foundations of the Group's present day business interests were laid with the acquisition of a tea estate in 1954. The first engineering unit of the group was established in 1978.
Subsequent to those early ventures, under the stewardship of Group Chairman Mr. D. K. Mantri, the Group continued to expand in the tea industry, and also created a strong presence in the auto components manufacturing business.
Present day, the DM Group is a diversified enterprise with interests in Tea, Engineering and Marketing Services. Our Corporate Office is situated in Kolkata, West Bengal and the operations of the Group are spread across West Bengal, Assam, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.